Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: AG Books Teacher's Guide

  1. #1
    Inactive Member retrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!
    Looking to purchase some of these teacher's guides for the historicals... anyone have any lying around they'd like to sell? I need all but Kirsten's and Addy's
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder why they retired those. It seems like they've retired a lot of things that have to do with activities or education.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, those are retired! I only have the Samantha one and Molly one! I need ot get the rest one day, But I do my own lessonplans on each doll, as depends on the child's reading level and comprehension level. If the child has alot of miscues in their reading, I can do a lesson that will combine the child's comprehension level. So may not need them as much as I do. Will keep an eye out for you!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member retrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Ria! It is sad that they retired them... I have the Kirsten and Addy and they are great. I won't necessarily use as a whole but sure cuts on my research. Another book I really like that's retired is the Club (old) book and party book. Found those on ebay. I was looking in my very thick history reference book regarding composers of the diff. eras coinciding with the AG's and found some of the info in the old club book! It's a real treasure. Just my 2 cents lol.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Lissiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm using all of the teacher's guides/craft books/cook books in my class right now. I don't think, now that I've completely developed a curriculum to go with them that I'd ever sell them. However, I've found a few GREAT online suppliments.

    First of all, Colonial Williamsburg has a video series that we used with Felicity called "A Day in the Life." It has an EXTENSIVE study guide available online for FREE. I don't know what you're going to use it for, but I would think this would cover almost anything you need on colonial America. I bought the videos for the class and they're worth their weight in gold!

    Another great resource for nearly any other timeframe is the Schlessinger Media website. www.libraryvideo.com . If you look at the teacher's guides for their videos, you'll find one on nearly every time period in American history, as well as many inventors and other famous people. These are much shorter than the Williamsburg offering, but include links to other websites that can start you in a good direction. We used the video on Spanish and Colonial Santa Fe with our Josefina class and it was PERFECT! I'd highly recommend its use with any American Girl class.

    The only way I know of to get the REAL guides is ebay. Honestly I can't believe anyone ever sells them. They've been an invalueable resource to me. The girls I'm teaching are LOVING this class, and coming out with a passion for American history. That's what I'm aiming for! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    PM me if you think I can help in any way.

    Brenda [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 02, 2004 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Lissiefan ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •